Sunday, July 24, 2016

Coleslaw


I know we didn't receive cabbage this week, but I would like to share "my" coleslaw recipe in case you find yourself with cabbage at some point in the future or still have some in the fridge (it lasts!). I put "my" in quotes because I feel like this recipe has become mine, even though I haven't really altered the original.

I have never really been a fan of traditional mayonnaise-based coleslaw as a standalone dish; I think it serves its greatest purpose alongside barbecue sauce on a pulled pork sandwich. What I like about this version is that the dressing is fairly light and the slaw is dressed fairly lightly on top of that. I also like the contrasting sweetness from the sugar in the dressing. It's something I can enjoy as more of a salad, on its own and it has become a part of our standard BBQ dinner party fare.

You can find the recipe here. I typically shred the carrots and cabbage on a box grater, though a food processor with a grating attachment certainly makes quick work of it and is essential for large batches.

No comments:

Post a Comment