Wednesday, July 8, 2015

CSA Week 6 - July 8th - daikon crust pizza, squash crust pizza, and cucumber salad


Last night I had completely hit a wall regarding what to do with this week's daikons. No sooner had I expressed this feeling, though, that Jonathan suggested pizza crust (like with kohlrabi).


I was skeptical. Rather, I could really have seen the result being really good or really bad. But I was completely up for experimentation.


In the end, the daikons totally worked, and even provided a little hint of spiciness that lent complexity to the pizza.



I also made a squash crust pizza (actually with one eight ball and one yellow squash since one of the pictured eight balls was rotten inside). I would speculate to say that the squash and daikon would be good mixed, too. Really, what can't be "crusted?"


Finally, I made another batch of cucumber salad, which is just so simple and wonderful.







No comments:

Post a Comment