Sunday, July 5, 2015

CSA Week 5 - The 4th of July - kale caesar salad


We visited Columbus this weekend and stayed with Jeremy and Matt. We had a great time going out on Friday, attending the Doo Dah Parade, and getting together with family and friends on Saturday. Oh yeah, and Jeremy and Matt got engaged (via an in-home karaoke version of "Life's a Happy Song").

This next part about kale Caesar salad kind of pales in comparison to that, just like the karaoke songs that came after the proposal. But given that I had a bunch of scotch kale from the CSA, plus a little extra left over from work, was there really a question of what I would make for the 4th of July/ proposal/ Gabis-Mercer party on Saturday evening? I have not yet exhausted the dish, nor do I see that day coming any time soon. This was a new crowd, anyway.

After this weekend the recipe maintains its standing as my most-requested recipe (two requests this time). It was also a nice jumping off point for discussing the CSA and ideas for using seasonal vegetables with some new people. I feel I owe J. Kenji Lopez-Alt some thanks and praise at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment