Saturday, June 20, 2015

CSA Week 3 - June 19th - chocolate zucchini brownies


Why are we always seasoning our zucchini desserts with pumpkin pie spices? It's not that I have anything against this kind of dessert sometimes (i.e. in the fall), but we are totally stuck in a rut here.


Chocolate and zucchini is so much better and so much more indulgent. Plus this. On that note, yesterday I made chocolate chip zucchini brownies for an impromptu dinner party at Chris and Barbara's. I grated the over-sized eight ball zucchini from the CSA and mixed two packed cups with sugar, oil, flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and two types of chocolate chips.


After 25 minutes at 350 the result was a fudgy, moist, chocolate-y brownie that went over very well. Jonathan brought Greenacres beef, Chris made burgers, and Molly brought ice cream to go with the brownies.

Unfortunately the eight ball gave about three cups so I froze the rest of the grated zucchini raw.

By the way, I think I'm going to rename this recipe "chocolate zucchini bread". I don't want to give any illusions of health here, but I figure if you go into it expecting it to taste like the best brownies ever you might be slightly disappointed, but if you go into it expecting it to taste like bread then you will be really happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment